WASTEWATER LIQUIDS OPERATOR I
Deadline: This posting is open until filled.
Salary: This position is an hourly, non-exempt position, with a full benefits package. Compensation starts at $1,926.18 biweekly.
The City of Oshkosh, Wisconsin is searching for a full-time Wastewater Liquids Operator I. This is a technical position responsible for the care and efficient operation of the city's Wastewater Treatment Plant. Work encompasses a large physical area at the Treatment Plant and Lift Stations during an assigned shift. Employees in this class normally work independently on the basis of general and specific instruction for the day. Work is reviewed by a Supervisor who checks records and charts and makes daily inspections through the Plant.
Qualified candidates will possess High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and
- One (1) to five (5) years of experience in Water, Wastewater or related field; and
- State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade T Certification; and
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver's license
- Associate Degree in Water, Wastewater, or related field; and
- The ability to obtain a State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade T Certification within one year of employment; and
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver's License.
Application Procedure: Please visit the employment section on our website for a full description of the position and benefits offered, as well as to apply.
The City of Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace.