U.S. Water Services Corporation is a well-established and diverse water and wastewater utility organization specializing in utility maintenance, operations, engineering and construction services. U.S. Water is a fast paced and rapidly expanding company headquartered in New Port Richey, Florida with a staff of over 700 employees in twenty states.
- Candidate will be responsible for operating wastewater treatment plants. They will operate machinery that converts wastewater in drains and sewers into a form that's safe to release into the environment.
- Control equipment and monitor processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
- Run tests to make sure that the processes are working correctly.
- Keep records of water quality and other indicators.
- Operate and maintain the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems.
- Monitor the indicators at their plants and make adjustments as necessary.
- Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly.
- Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
- Adjust the amount of chemicals, such as chlorine and fluorine, being added to the water.
- Use computerized systems to monitor plant processes.
- Plan emergency reaction protocols.
- Fix chemical leaks and oxygen deficiencies.
- Keep records that document compliance.
NOTE: This Job Description is not inclusive of all job duties.
- Candidate must possess a C Wastewater Operator's License to be considered for this position.
- Candidate must have a high school/GED education or higher.
- Must have 1+ years of experience.
Compensation and Benefits: US Water/USW Utility Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability, paid time off, holiday pay and 401(k) with company match.
US Water/USW Utility Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.