Join the Sonoma County Water Agency (Sonoma Water) as a Water and Wastewater Coordinator/Chief Plant Operator!
The Water and Wastewater Operations team at Sonoma Water is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, and reliable Water and Wastewater Coordinator/Chief Plant Operator with substantial experience in the water and wastewater utility industry. Highly qualified candidates for this position will be innovative, lifelong learners with a passion for personal and professional growth. Under the supervision, of the Water/Wastewater Operations Manager, this position plans and schedules work priorities and directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of employees working in water and wastewater treatment plants, water production facilities, water transmission facilities, and related systems; these employees also perform laboratory testing, maintenance, and repairs on these facilities.
Requirement: To be considered qualified for this position, possession of a California Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade T5 certificate and Wastewater Plant Operator Grade I certificate or California Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade T2 certificate and Wastewater Plant Operator Grade IV certificate is required at the time of application submission.
The Water/Wastewater Coordinator/Chief Plant Operator is also responsible for:
- Co-managing staff that is dual certified in water and wastewater operations
- Preparing reports to Regional Water Quality Control Boards, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Division of Drinking Water, and other agencies
- Evaluating and contributing to master plans and operational priorities with engineering staff
- Ensuring permit and biological opinion compliance
- Preparing and monitoring operational budgets
- Investigating complaints and inquiries from the public
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant operational knowledge of Water and Wastewater systems
- Experience with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Supervisory experience, including the ability to schedule and coordinate staff work
- Collaborative skills, dependability, and enthusiasm
- Strong mentoring and teaching skills
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit, www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve Apply by 6/19/23