The City of Prescott Department of Public Works is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable and collaborative professional to oversee operations and maintenance within the City's water system. Under general supervision of the Water Superintendent, this position works in collaboration with the other operations supervisor to oversee and supervise water operations personnel and day to day activities. The Water Operations Supervisor will have administrative and field responsibilities associated with the operation and maintenance of the potable water system, maintain Federal and State regulatory compliance requirements, respond to emergencies and deliver superior customer service.
The daily work requirements of this position will have an emphasis on the Water Distribution system. This position will also be required to cross-train between the Production Division and/or maintenance teams, and will ideally possess the ability to function in either capacity.
· Effectively manage and direct personnel to promote teamwork and good communications; oversee water operations field personnel to ensure compliance with procedures and policies are being followed for the following entities: City of Prescott, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ).
· Coordinate and respond to questions and/or problems concerning the potable water system.
· Supervise, participate in and review work of personnel in water operations, including management of maintenance programs, fire hydrants, water valve exercising, water main flushing, Arizona 811 locating and more. Be willing to expand knowledge with water quality and compliance, pump/motor efficiency and preventative maintenance, storage tank maintenance, pressure regulating site operation, electrical control and telemetry, SCADA, meter accuracy, testing and change out, meter reading equipment performance, utility billing service order requests, and customer service requests.
· Perform administrative duties including, purchasing and procurement, preparing budget and cost estimates.
· Interviewing and evaluating water operations staff, initiating disciplinary actions and/or discharge documents.
· Conduct performance evaluations of field personnel.
· Maintain clear and accurate communications at all levels.
· Participate in maintenance, repair, and construction activities.
· Inspect and evaluate work in progress to identify problems and direct remedial action.
· Prepare estimates of manpower, materials, and equipment requirements for projected work activities.
· Assist in reviewing, developing and updating existing internal policies and procedures.
· Research and recommend improvements to the water operation process and equipment.
· Maintain an inventory of parts and materials; approve purchase of materials and equipment; maintain time, materials, and equipment use reports.
· Requisition tools, supplies, materials, and equipment; recognize potential and/or existing hazards to support safety practices.
· Train personnel in safety procedures and conduct safety meetings; assure compliance with OSHA and City safety standards including the use of personal protective equipment and other related materials or equipment.
· Other duties as assigned
City of Prescott employees should seek to uphold the City’s core beliefs throughout their day-to-day business and with every customer they come in contact with, both internal and external. Our core beliefs are: Act with Integrity, Work as a Team, Have Personal Commitment and Loyalty, Solve Problems, Take Pride In Excellent Results, High Level of Productivity and Being Nice.
City of Prescott Contact Information
201 S. Cortez St.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Phone: 928-777-1347 / Fax: 928-777-1213
- 25.32 to 37.97
- Full Time
Major Benefits For Full-Time Regular Employees: Paid time off; ten paid holidays and one floating holiday per year; employee and/or family health and life insurance; short term and long term disability; Arizona State Retirement and Social Security contributions; other optional benefits such as deferred compensation plans and additional life insurance. PROBATION: Each employee must satisfactorily serve an established probationary period. NOTE: When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an “otherwise qualified applicant” with a disability to participate in any phase of the selection process. In accordance with A.R.S. 23 - 493, this position has been identified as “Safety Sensitive”. The City of Prescott is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.