Salary DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits
James City Service Authority (JCSA) seeks an individual to perform responsible work installing, maintaining, repairing, and constructing the JCSA water and wastewater systems. There are three levels in the Wastewater Collection series distinguished by the level of work performed and the qualifications of the employee
Apprentice: $28,538 / year or higher DOQ
Specialist I: $30,685 / year or higher DOQ
Specialist II: $32,994 / year or higher DOQ
- Works as a member of a crew performing manual labor installing, repairing, and maintaining JCSA sewer and water infrastructure; operates or learns to operate heavy equipment.
- Serves as the confined space attendant for no potential, low potential, and hazardous atmosphere environment and associated Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Performs administrative tasks such as preparing work orders, mapping infrastructure, and taking sewer flow measurements.
- Conducts or learns to conduct manhole and mainline inspections that center on JCSA standards; catalogs problems for repair purposes.
- Flags and controls traffic in accordance with State regulations.
- Specialist I only: Monitors testing devices for confined space.
- Specialist II only: Serves as competent person during excavation operations and during confined space entry activities as the entry supervisor; evaluates work sites and determines materials, tools, and equipment needed to perform jobs; operates closed circuit television camera and required to perform basic setup and maintenance on CCTV equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience in the maintenance and repair of underground utilities.
- Must possess a valid Virginia Driver’s License, and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within four (4) months of hire, a valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A, and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Knowledge of safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Ability and tolerance to function in an environment that requires the use of respiratory protection devices.
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with other County employees and the public.
Accepting applications until position is filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov