SALARY: $36.88 - $51.90 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
CLOSING DATE: 9/05/2022 5:00 PM (PST)
This is a 4 day, 36 hour full-time position with excellent benefits.
Oral Board Interviews tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, September 21st via ZOOM
The City of Alameda is seeking to fill a Program Specialist II position to administer the City's Clean Water Program activities. Under direction, Program Specialist II's perform a variety of detailed, specialized program work in community development, environmental compliance or other designated areas; and perform other related work as required. Positions assigned to this classification are expected to perform varied assignments requiring technical and interpersonal skill in assigned program areas. Work in the class is distinguished from that of the Program Specialist I by the greater complexity of the assignments received and by the greater independence with which the incumbent is expected to operate. This position prepares reports, makes recommendations, and performs monitoring activities. Support is available for problems not covered by reference guidelines, and work is checked occasionally during progress and reviewed upon completion.
The current vacancy is in the Environmental Services Division of the Public Works Department and will be assigned to the City's Clean Water Program which ensures compliance with federal, state, regional and local mandates associated with stormwater runoff and water quality. Through the implementation of its Clean Water Program, the City of Alameda is committed to performing appropriate municipal services and to providing Alameda residents and businesses practical solutions to help reduce stormwater pollution. The Clean Water Program uses a multi-faceted approach to prevent stormwater pollution including: street sweeping; public outreach and education; new development design review; industrial and commercial facility inspections; construction site inspections; illicit discharge inspections and response/enforcement; trash load reduction; heavy metals and legacy pollutant controls; storm drain system cleaning and maintenance; storm drain system improvements and upgrades (e.g. pump stations, storm mains); participation in the Alameda County Clean Water Program; and contributes to a regional water quality monitoring program. We are seeking someone with specialized knowledge and experience administering similar program elements and working with the public to reduce stormwater pollution.
Known as the "City of Homes and Beaches," Alameda (pop. 75,126) is a 10.6 square mile urban island city located in the middle of beautiful San Francisco Bay. With easy access to all of the amenities of the Bay Area, Alameda is seven miles east of San Francisco and less than one mile west of Oakland, just a short drive north of the Oakland International Airport. The City of Alameda's mission is to support the maintenance of a community where people can live, work, and play in a sustainable urban environment that is safe, vibrant, and aesthetically pleasing. Alameda is committed to the organizational core values of innovation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, and responsiveness. The City provides a broad range of services including police and fire protection; construction and maintenance of streets, parks, storm drains and other infrastructure; an electric municipal utility; recreational and cultural activities; and general government and administrative support services.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Administers Clean Water Program activities to ensure compliance with federal, state, regional and local mandates.
2. Participates in the design and implementation of Clean Water Program activities; collects and interprets data and prepares reports.
3. Monitors project progress and compliance with applicable regulations.
4. Prepares and reviews contracts.
5. Evaluates proposals for funding; and may prepare documents for grant applications and administration.
6. Provides technical assistance to other divisions, departments, organizations, citizen groups, business, etc.
7. Reviews budget and expenditure reports and monitors labor and procurement activities.
8. Interprets and applies government regulations.
9. May coordinate support staff, contractors and/or consultant work activities and determine work priorities and methods; provides lead direction and training for related staff.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Four day, 36 hour work week (typically Monday through Thursday)
- CalPERS Retirement: Classic Members: 2% at 55 formula, 8.868% contribution; New Members 2% @ 62 formula, 8.25% contribution.
- Medical: The City contracts with CalPERS to provide comprehensive health coverage to employees. Multiple HMO and PPO plans available. Some plans fully covered at all levels by the City contribution
- Dental: Comprehensive dental coverage provided to employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation: Starting with 75 hours annually and increasing with years of service.
- Holidays: 10 City Holidays and 5.5 floating Holidays.
- Sick Leave: 12 days per year; any unused sick leave is converted to service credit at retirement.
Please view the full job announcement and apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alamedaca/jobs/3687999/program-specialist-ii-clean-water-program
You May Also View the City of Alameda's Human Resources Page: https://www.alamedaca.gov/Departments/Administration/Human-Resources