To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit www.roseville.ca.us/jobs. To be considered for both the I and II levels, you must apply for both recruitments.
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN I/II
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and Full-time position of Laboratory Technician I/II in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 –5 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville (COR) incorporates the following CORe Competencies as part of the City’s culture:
- Focus on people: Develop and deliver service-oriented solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Build trust: Ensure honesty and integrity to gain confidence and support of others.
- Ensure accountability: Take responsibility for the outcomes of one’s own work and foster a sense of ownership in others.
- Communicate effectively: Deliver clear, concise messages and actively listen to ideas and questions.
- Collaborate inclusively: Build effective working partnerships, alliances, and teams.
- Make quality decisions: Make sound, timely decisions and recommendations.
- Be adaptable/agile: Change approach or methods to best fit the situation and effectively balance competing priorities.
To perform physical, chemical, biological, and bacteriological analyses of wastewater, sludge, drinking water, industrial waste and related samples; perform related work as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of physical, chemical, biological, and bacteriological analyses of wastewater treatment plant samples as well as samples of sludge, drinking water, industrial waste, and other water/wastewater products.
- Set up, calibrate, and operate a variety of laboratory equipment and instruments; perform minor maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Recognize problems that may occur in an analytical procedure and troubleshoot known procedures or confer with others to identify possible problems affecting results; recommend changes to procedures, as appropriate.
- Collect various samples for analysis from specific locations according to a predetermined schedule; may collect special samples as conditions warrant; prepare and preserve samples for transport, storage, and laboratory testing.
- Prepare standard chemical solutions, reagents and bacteriological media; keep laboratory facilities clean and in an orderly condition; order supplies and make recommendations regarding equipment purchases.
- Enter laboratory data into a computer system for further analysis and reporting purposes; maintain laboratory records and prepare required reports.
- Wash, clean, and sterilize glassware and other equipment; sterilize bacteriological supplies.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information, please visit our website at www.roseville.ca.us/jobs