Job Location: Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th Street, 78701
Pay Range: $39.72 – $52.62 per hour, Commensurate
Position Overview: The Water Conservation Division Manager will be responsible for leading a team of 20 staff members, both direct and indirect reports, in providing conservation services to AW customers to reduce water usage in an effort to meet established peak day water use goals. This individual is also responsible for pursuing new water conservation technologies and supporting the Water Forward plan.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Public Administration, or Business Administration, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field, including four (4) years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Experience managing large teams in a field related to conservation and/or environmentalism
• Experience managing a division budget of $3 million or more
• Experience using performance measures and dashboards to facilitate strategic planning and goal setting
• Experience leading cross-functional efforts to devise public policy related to water conservation, working with internal and external stakeholders, including executive level staff
• Experience researching, gathering, and preparing relevant information to be presented to stakeholders in various formats including policies and procedures, public education, presentations and reports to Board, Commissions or Council
• Ability to understand regulatory code language and experience working in a regulatory environment
• Experience assisting in or responding to media requests and offering input to media interviews and other communications
• Experience in managing customer complaints