Washington Water Service
Washington Water Service
The Engineering Supervisor directly supervises the company's Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Geographic Information System (GIS) programs whose primary function is to provide engineering services related to all plant infrastructure. The Engineering Supervisor supports SCADA, hydraulic modeling and the capital program including tanks, pumps, pipelines, wells and treatment facilities. Typical duties include reliability assessment and program management, infrastructure renewal and replacement, capital project management, life-cycle assessment, technical reviews, oversight of construction improvements, innovative design improvements, contract administration, and regulatory agency interaction. The position reports to the Engineering Manager and is located in Lacey, WA.
- Supervises engineering staff, including prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance reviews, and overseeing training and development, and making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and improving the company's Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Geographic Information System (GIS) programs
- Assists with SCADA program development and coordination with Group's SCADA Manager
- Supports maintaining, updating and improving system hydraulic models
- Supervises efficient and effective completion of annual infrastructural renewal and replacement projects within the limits of assigned capital and maintenance programs.
- Prepares project reports, construction plan sets and cost estimates.
- Interacts with and consults various regulatory agencies, including the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Ecology (DOE), and Utility and Transportation Commission (UTC)
- Technical support for the operations, services and activities requiring performance of professional engineering functions.
- Assists in the development of the annual capital improvement program budgets.
- Responsible for the development, execution and assessment of assigned maintenance programs to ensure infrastructure reliability and life-cycle cost management.
- Supervises a variety of organizational and operational studies and investigations; recommend modifications to programs, projects, policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and approved objectives are adhered to and/or achieved. Evaluates best practices in infrastructure reliability programs and optimizes mix of preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance.
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the Engineering Manager
- Promotes safety performance and serves as an advocate for all safety practices and requirements.
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects.
- Performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an Accredited University
- Washington Professional Engineering License in Civil or Mechanical Engineering desired
- Supervision experience desired. Demonstrated leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Three years of increasingly responsible and varied engineering experience in water and/or wastewater infrastructure, operation and maintenance and project management.
- Valid Washington driver's license
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and techniques
- Knowledge of utility asset management principles, water system operations, maintenance practices and condition assessment fundamentals related to assigned infrastructure assets
- Knowledge and understanding of the UTC rate case process and financial principles
- Abilities to set priorities, exercise sound and independent judgment, select and evaluate staff, analyze and prepare reports and presentations, identify problems and propose alternative solutions and develop and execute goals
- Broad knowledge of: Engineering and Project Management practices related to planning, design, construction and operations for water and wastewater utility facilities, utility economics and contract administration for infrastructure renewal projects and reliability programs. Demonstrated trouble shooting, problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Above average capabilities to use Microsoft Office applications to create spreadsheets, presentations, and written documents; strong Excel skill desirable
- Knowledge of ESRI products (AGOL, UN) and InfoWater
- Ability to interact, communicate and maintain effective working relationships with outside contractors, vendors, consultants, regulators, and staff in districts, departments, and engineering
- Knowledge of L&I safety standards
- Ability to write clear and concise general and technical reports and perform engineering computations
Salary Range: $98,000 - $180,200
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, July 27, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4398245
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.