OUR CLIENT is a fast-growing wastewater treatment leader focused on bringing innovative and proven biological treatment technologies to market. The Regional Sales Manager will focus on developing multi market business in the Northeast, for all the company's engineered products and solutions. The Regional Sales Manager will call on and support engineering consultants, contractors, owners and distributors. Market focus will be municipal and industrial wastewater treatment.
- Promote to sell company products and services to engineering consultants, specifiers, buyers, contractors, owners and distributors.
- Research and report marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning and review.
- Develop sales objectives, strategies and forecasts.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders.
- Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of your manager, such as group presentations, regional shows, engineering consultant visits and installation tours.
- Cooperate with the corporate sales effort when sales influences are inter-territorial.
- Strive to have THE COMPANY'S products as the baseline for written specifications.
- Gain complete information for all design and quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and skill for your job and advise your manager of any training needs.
- Cooperate with applications engineering and other staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements.
- Report activities, progress, market information, new ideas, expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested.
- Strive for continuous improvement in your work.
- BS degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, or Chemical preferred).
- Education or experience in water/wastewater treatment is required.
- Outside sales experience in the wastewater market considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software considered an asset.
- Evidence of the ability to interact effectively with engineering consultants, contractors, owners, and distributors to build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to work independently while functioning as part of an effective team.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel with overnight travel estimated to be up to 30%.