Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is Carrboro-Chapel Hill’s not-for-profit public service agency delivering high-quality water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services. Our team seeks a highly responsible, results-oriented Utilities Engineer (Registered or Non-Registered) to join our capital improvements team.
The Utilities Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned capital improvement projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing request for proposals qualifications to include contracts, cost estimates, bid/proposals, contract awards, etc.
- Executing assigned capital improvement projects and studies by procuring and directing the work of consultants and contractors
- Providing engineering expertise to ensure the successful completion of assigned capital improvement projects
- Overseeing construction of assigned capital improvement projects in conjunction with resident project representatives
- Maintaining project schedules and budgets, ensuring conformance with internal policies, engineering standards, and regulatory requirements
- Responding to customer concerns and inquiries
- Interacting with consultants, contractors, regulators, operations and professional staff, members of the public, and other stakeholders
This position requires knowledge of engineering and project management principles and practices used in the design, permitting, and construction of public water and wastewater projects. Candidates should be self-motivated and have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to effectively manage projects.
There are two potential job classifications within this position:
The Utilities Engineer (Non-Registered) requires a bachelor’s degree with certification as an Engineer in Training and at least one year of relevant experience. A valid North Carolina Class C driver’s license is required.
The salary range is $63,059 - $97,111.
The Utilities Engineer (Registered) requires a Professional Engineer license with a minimum of three to five years of relevant experience and a North Carolina Class C driver’s license.
The salary range is $69,365 - $106,823.
OWASA provides excellent benefits to include membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System, employer 457 plan contribution and retirement health savings account.? Paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances.? Additional benefits include:? Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, Bereavement and Parental Leave, Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education.
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions. Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
To complete an application visit www.owasa.org
Closing date is July 18, 2022