The City of Pittsburg seeks a Water Instrument Maintenance Technician I for the Public Works Department.
The Water Instrument Maintenance Technician I is located at the Water Treatment Plant and is responsible for preventative maintenance, repairs, overhauls, adjustments and installation of water plant equipment, instrumentation and facilities. Other duties include replacement and new installation of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment, instruments, switch gear, telemetry, controllers and machinery commonly used in the operation of a modern water treatment plant and distribution system; performs installation, maintenance and repair of microcomputer/PLC based data acquisition and control systems; writes to and modifies hardware and software of these systems; and performs other duties as required.
The Water Treatment Plant Division is responsible for the maintenance and 24-hour/day operation of the City's 32 million gallon-per-day water treatment plant, seven pump stations and eight drinking water storage reservoirs. The Water Treatment Plant ensures that the water distributed by the City is of the highest quality possible and meets or exceeds all State and Federal health standards.
The ideal candidate for Water Instrument Maintenance Technician I will possess the following:
- Working knowledge of water treatment and distribution system methods, principles and practices
- Knowledge of laws, codes, rules and regulations pertaining to water treatment operations
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to interact with staff and the public
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities
- Have relevant computer skills in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Word for electronic communication and to create/update a variety of reports and documents
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime, serve on-call/standby and respond to emergency situations as required
- Ability to work outdoors under various weather and environmental conditions for extended periods of time
Education: Qualified applicants must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent supplemented by vocational courses in the electrical/instrumentation field.
Experience: Three years of experience at a journey level in the electrical/instrumentation field with a minimum of one year experience in industrial equipment maintenance and repair, both preferably in water or wastewater treatment.
Certification (desirable): Possession of a California Department of Public Health Water Plant Operator T2 Certification is desirable.
License: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver's license and proof of auto liability insurance is required.
Additional requirements: The incumbent must be capable of working independently and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions; lift and carry tools, materials and equipment of at least fifty (50) pounds; climb ladders and stairs and tolerate catwalks and heights up to fifty (50) feet; wear all varieties of breathing apparatus and personal protective devices; enter confined spaces and work with and around hazardous materials and voltages to 480 AC. The incumbent must be available for overtime, serve on-call/standby and respond to emergency situations as required; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
For full job announcement and description and to apply go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pittsburg