Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a Utility Protection Technician. The successful candidate will assist in protection of Loudoun Water facilities and preventing damages and/or infringement on or near Loudoun Water facilities through location of Loudoun Water, water and sewer lines. The ability to read plans and technical drawings is desirable.
Essential functions include:
- Operate underground utilities locating equipment.
- Locate and mark the horizontal location of water and sewer facilities in accordance with Virginia Damage Prevention Act.
- Ability to locate other utilities (electric, gas, telecom, etc.).
- Assist in processing excavation notification tickets (VA811), utilizing Loudoun Water’s ticket management system.
- Coordinate with contractors and observe/document excavations in close proximity to Loudoun Water facilities to uphold proper separation and protection of facilities.
- Assist in documenting and enforcing discovered easement encroachments.
- Ability to identify utility location discrepancies and document for correction.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure proper communication and resolution for field-related issues.
Requirements: Position requires graduation from high school and five years of utility locating experience. Overtime/On-call work is expected. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Basic skill level using GIS systems, ticket management systems, and Microsoft Outlook. Must be willing to advance job knowledge through formal training.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE