POSITION TITLE: Water Utility Maintenance Operator (Hourly)
HOURLY RATE: $15.00 - 18.00 per hour (based on relevant experience)
START/END DATES: April-September 2020
WORKING HOURS: 7:00 am-3:30 pm
SELECTION PROCESS: Application deadline is 3:00 p.m. MT on 3/23/2020.
You will receive an email acknowledgment when you have successfully submitted an application. Your completed application will be forwarded to the hiring manager. You will be notified if you are selected for further testing or interviews. Please keep your contact information up-to-date. The status of your application will be updated in your applicant profile. Post-offer background check, MVR and drug test required within 96 hours of offer.
Located against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and home to Colorado State University (CSU), the City of Fort Collins offers a diverse culture, educated and engaged citizens, outdoor recreation, bicycles, breweries, historic charm, and a thriving economy. Throughout the year, live music and entertainment, as well as great local dining, can be found throughout the historic downtown area. Fort Collins offers the convenience of a small town with all the amenities of a larger city.
The City’s long list of acknowledgements includes:
- Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation Award: Alliance for Innovation-April 2018
- No 14 Best Place to Live: Livability.com-March 2018
- C40 Cities, Cities4Action Winner: Bloomberg Philanthropy-Dec 2017
- The Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award-November 2017)
- 5th Best Performing City: Milken Institute-Jan 2017
- No. 1 Stable and Growing Housing Market: Realtor.com-Jun 2017
- No. 1 City in America for Cycling: PeopleFor Bikes-May 2018
- 11th Happiest City in America: Yahoo! Finance - Mar 2017
- Top 100 Best Cities to Start a Family: lendedu - Feb 2017
- No. 9 Top 150 Cities for Millennials Report: Millennial Personal Finance - Feb 2017
- Peak Award for Performance Excellence: Rocky Mountain Performance Excellence-2014
SUMMARY: The Water Utility Maintenance Worker is a seasonal (6 months) position with the City of Fort Collins Utilities Distribution System Division and performs maintenance and minor repairs on fire hydrants. May occasionally work with maintenance or construction crews in the construction, operation and maintenance of the water distribution system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes a maintenance check and performs minor repairs on fire hydrants and secondary valves and restores finish to fire hydrants.
- Operates and maintains equipment and vehicles such as truck, pressure washer, paint sprayer and other applicable equipment.
- Maintains records such as daily reports, service requests, work orders and map revisions.
- Acknowledges and follows City safety policies.
- Provides customer service by answering questions, providing information and resolving complaints and problems.
- May occasionally be reassigned to work with another water distribution crew in the construction, operation and maintenance of the water distribution system.
- Keeps trucks and assigned equipment neat, clean and stocked.
- Attends safety meetings and other training as directed.
- May be required to work overtime during heavy workloads and emergencies.
- May be exposed to heat, cold and wet weather.