$23.58 - $34.19 Hourly
Gilbert, AZ is one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. Gilbert is one of the largest cities in Arizona with a population of over 260,000 people and has been named the Most Prosperous City in the Country, Best Place to Live, Work and Play, Arizona’s Most Admired Companies to Work For, and more.
Gilbert is on a mission to be the City of the Future. We choose to “Anticipate. Create. Help people.” With 100 years of history and growth, our focus is on keeping the thriving community that Gilbert is today well into the future, while continuing to be one of the top communities in the country.
What sets Gilbert apart is a combination of a sense of community, a unique and enjoyable environment for residents and businesses and a commitment to innovation. Gilbert is a diverse community that celebrates its rich heritage and character, but we’re working diligently to shape our best possible future.
We all play a role in the design of tomorrow.
In Gilbert, we are shaping a new tomorrow, today.
We hire people who share our aspiration to be driven, kind, bold, and humble. Join Team Gilbert, and help us shape a new tomorrow, today: https://youtu.be/ftB0lKDltvc
We Are Seeking
The Wastewater Reuse Senior Utility Worker reports to the Wastewater Reuse Utility Supervisor. The primary function of this position is to perform skilled and semi-skilled duties related to reuse, reclaimed and recharge operations. Follows preventative maintenance procedures and schedules on vehicles, equipment and hand tools. Inspects and monitors work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating and safety procedures in order to protect public and worker safety including the use of personal protective equipment. Must be able to work independently or within a team.
At Team Gilbert, we hire outcome-oriented problem-solvers who love what they do! Here are some position requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of specialized or technical training beyond high school in water and wastewater.
- 3-5 years of experience in operating heavy equipment, pipe fitting and plumbing principles and practices.
- Performs technical duties locating underground water assets in public streets, alley, utility easements and right-of-ways using GPS maps.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License with Tanker Endorsement at the time of hire.
- ADEQ Grade I Wastewater Collections or a Grade I Water Distribution Certification at the time of hire or promotion and a Grade II Wastewater Collections or a Grade II Water Distribution Certification within one year of hire or promotion.
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work will be required within one year of hire depending on area of assignment.
This is a Tuesday through Friday work schedule 5AM to 3:30PM.
This recruitment will remain open until filled, applications will be reviewed every 2 weeks starting on Thursday, October 21, 2021 and then every other Thursday thereafter while the posting is open.
At Team Gilbert, we hire innovative, forward thinking problem-solvers who love what they do! In addition to possessing the ability to live out our core and functional values daily.
You are someone who effectively exceeds customer needs by building productive relationships, and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty. You actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals and produce quality outcomes. You are committed to our safety philosophy, and you take great pride in proactively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently while accomplishing objectives and achieving goals beyond what is required.
- Knowledge of water distribution and wastewater system.
- Materials, tools, equipment and methods used in all aspects of maintain and repairing related wastewater infrastructure systems.
- Reading and interpreting maps, blueprints and construction drawing.
- Principles and practices of supervision.
- Workplace safety hazards, procedures and equipment used when working on or near underground utility lines.
- Operating heavy equipment such as backhoes, track hoes, tractors, forklifts, bulldozer, and dump trucks.
- Operating department computers and associated software.(Lucity or other work order system)
- Construction methods, maintenance and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with the public, internal and external customers, contractors and regulatory agencies.
Up For the Challenge
In addition to a competitive salary, Gilbert offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes self-funded medical and dental plans, life insurance, disability, pension, tuition reimbursement and more.
Join Team Gilbert and make an income while making an impact! If you are looking for an opportunity to make a visible contribution to our community, and get excited about doing interesting work that matters, then why not click that "Apply" button at the top there? We can't think of a better place to put your talents to work.
Let's get this adventure started!
This position is an At-Will position and is FLSA Non-Exempt - eligible for overtime compensation.
Gilbert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.