The Operations Foreman is a working foreman who supervises and performs manual work with HWS crews and/or contractor crews in the maintenance and installation of all Company property and facilities and/or wastewater facilities. They maintain the wastewater treatment facilities, collections, and sewer pump stations. This position is located in Keauhou, Hawaii at Keauhou Wastewater Treatment Plant and reports directly to the Keauhou Superintendent.
- Operates all equipment used in utility systems, including pumps, headworks, clarifiers, sludge dewatering equipment, blowers, chlorination and related chemical treatments, sand filters, vacuum systems, and computer systems
- Supervises and repairs sewer mains and service connections
- Operates and drives various trucks and equipment such as flat bed truck, dump truck, backhoe, portable pumps, air compressors, cement mixers, light towers and sewer jetters
- Troubleshoots and resolves sewer connection problems, including receiving and investigating customer calls regarding sewer system
- Develops, implements, and evaluates wastewater collection system cleaning and repair and lift station maintenance
- Performs water quality analysis of wastewater including pH, temperature, turbidity, dissolved oxygen and chlorine. Performs analysis of BOD and TSS.
- Maintains all records as appropriate
- Maintains and repairs all equipment used in wastewater treatment and collection.
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to new employees
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems
- Attends meetings, workshops, and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices, and new developments in assigned work areas
- Responds to customers' questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with the appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Operations Foreman must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, contractors, and the public; have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures and amounts; have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a Hawaii Class C Driver's license, and be insurable under the Company's policy
- Operations Foreman must have a working knowledge of basic features of word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word) and electronic mail processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook)
- Operations Foreman - Requires two of the three following certifications: State of Hawaii Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Grade 2 Certificate; State of Hawaii Water Treatment Plant Operator Grade 1 Certificate; State of Hawaii Water Distribution System Operator Grade 1 Certificate
- Employee must be able to work without supervision and respond appropriately to feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline.
- The job entails an understanding and knowledge of water quality specifications for chlorine content, pH, water temperature, other essential water quality parameters, as well as National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES).
- An Operations Foreman must have an understanding and knowledge of proper safety and Personal Protective Equipment protocols; know procedures and protocol for box, meter and lid repair; apply knowledge of meters and water system functions to troubleshoot usage issues and quality inquiries; and must hold the appropriate State of Hawaii Department of Health certifications required by the wastewater system classification requirements for Shift Operator.
Salary Range: $61,900 - $109,200
Deadline to Submit Resume: Thursday, August 4, 2022.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://calwatergroup.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CWSG/details/Operations-Foreman_R1231-1