Distribution Service Technician - Water Quality Technician
California Water Service
The Distribution Service Technician - Water Quality Technician (DST/WQT) provides customer service related to delivery of water service including verifying water meter data; replacing small meters; investigating leaks in the distribution system; turning on and off water service; and communicating with customers in relation to these activities.
This position also assesses services as a result of customer inquiries and routine internal investigations, including collecting water samples in the distribution system as needed. Employee responds to water quality and usage concerns from customers; purges and flushes service lines. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA.
Essential Functions -Distribution Service Technician:
- Provide customer service including investigation or inquiries of meter leaks, meter reads; service line leaks or malfunction; leaks in the distribution system and answer customer questions and concerns
- Install and replace 5/8” and 1” size meters, record associated data, and notifications
- Turn services on and off, providing appropriate customer communication regarding such activity
- Replace lids and covers as needed
- Complete service orders as needed
Essential Functions - Water Quality Technician:
- Investigate customer inquiries regarding high bills and water quality issues
- Diagnose high/low pressure concerns; notify appropriate personnel when needed for repairs or further diagnostics; dirty water, hi/low pressure, no water, taste and odor, air
- Take corrective action based on findings
- Collect water samples throughout the distribution system as needed
- Verify status of existing fire services and read detector meter
- Flush mains to a minor extent
- Understand cross connections
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adjust or replace meter boxes as necessary
- A DST/WQT must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures; have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent, a valid California Class C Driver's license, and be insurable under the Company's policy
- A DST/WQT must have a working knowledge of basic features of word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word) and electronic mail processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook); must be able to work with supervision and respond appropriately to direction, feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline
- This job requires an understanding and knowledge of meter function and installation protocols
- A person in this position must apply knowledge of service lines to troubleshoot and diagnose leaks and malfunctions. The job entails an understanding and knowledge of water quality specifications for chlorine content, pH, water temperature, other essential water quality parameters, as well as National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES) rules and regulations
- State Water Resources Control Board Water Distribution Grade II certification is required.
Salary Range: $40.65 - $45.76
Deadline to submit resume is: Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4414529
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.