Rubio Canon Land and Water invites you to pursue a career with a mutual water company in Altadena. Rubio Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its shareholders with traditional and innovative water services.
Salary: $70,000 - $84,000 a year, plus generous on call pay and employee reward incentives
Rubio Water offers a generous benefit and compensation package. We have competitive salaries and contribute 10% of annual salary to our 401(k). In addition, we provide great healthcare benefits coverage to employees and dependents, and generous vacation and paid time off. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and one floating holiday/birthday per year and $100,000 term life insurance.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your company career goals.
JOB DEFINITION: Under supervision of the Water System Supervisor, performs a variety of semi-skilled or skilled tasks in the routine operation, inspection, repair and maintenance of the Company’s distribution and treatment system and related facilities.
- Excavate and expose service/main leaks; isolate damage and assist in new mainline and service line installs and repairs. Must be able to operate backhoe, compressor, jack hammer, clay spade and compaction equipment.
- Lead in repairs and maintenance activities of meters, meter boxes, service lines, mains, wells, pump stations and boosters.
- Lead in flushing and performing maintenance on all necessary functions of mains; operate various hand and power tools in the completion of these activities.
- Operate line locating equipment and sounding equipment to help locate water mains and leaks.
- Prepare a detailed daily diary documenting construction actions and activities to report back to management.
- Maintains records of inspection activities performed including red-line drawings.
- Assist in setting, replacing, and/or removing 5/8” to 6” size meters.
- Replace and install new fire hydrant laterals.
- Replace curb stops under pressure.
- Operate torpedo for new service laterals.
- Conduct all water discharges with Company's National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) policy including, but not limited to, implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs), monitoring and recording all required data, and completing necessary paperwork related to all discharge events.
- Prepare and operate service truck(s) daily, the loading of needed materials and equipment, remove and dispose of debris, and clean equipment and truck as needed. Must be able to drive a truck with a 14-foot hydraulic trailer.
- Assists the Supervisor with preparing, planning and scheduling information for construction projects.
- Leads in construction to complete tasks in a safe, efficient manner.
- Performs maintenance of construction equipment.
- Reviews blueprints and job sites.
- Orders fittings and parts.
- Ensures parts and fittings are loaded and brought to job site.
- Leads in the installation of piping and fittings.
- Attends pre-construction meetings with Inspectors, coordinating with other contractors and utilities.
- Ensures traffic control is set up properly.
- Ensures PSI tests are completed, and satisfactory Bacteriological Samples are pulled, and as-builds are drawn, flow tests completed.
- Assists with the pulling and installing of well pumps and troubleshoots pumps.
Knowledge of all machines and tools used in the job.
- Basic knowledge of electrical pumping plants.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and confined spaces.
- Knowledge of rights of way and easements.
- Knowledge of State and LA County requirements for work being completed.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, protocols, principles, practices and procedures for water systems, and work site safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that provides the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the Water Construction duties. Minimum requirements would be: High school graduation or tested equivalent and a minimum of (5) years of experience working in water construction.
- Will be required to work overtime, weekends, holidays or other non-scheduled hours as required.
- Must meet CAL-OSHA respiratory face-mask requirements.
- Must be willing to respond to emergency situations in off hours as required.
- Must have valid CA driver’s license with good standing motor vehicle report
Close: Dec. 17, 2022