The purpose of this position is to provide and assist management with financial related information. This is accomplished by budgeting, reporting, and analyzing various financial area (investments, revenues, debts, etc); coordinating the annual and capital budgets; projecting revenue; preparing and analyzing the monthly financial report to the board; preparing the annual financial audit with other member of the financial department; maintaining the investment portfolio. Other duties include managing and leading of finance personnel; working with various teams; maintaining the annual budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Provides budget coordination, preparation and presentation by interacting with manager; compiling, analyzing and reviewing budget documents; interacting with directors; preparing and presenting final/capital/annual budget to Board
- Providing financial reporting and presenting by coordinating with the Comptroller monthly; extracting/importing financial information; extracting other various non-financial information; creating and analyzing trends/inconsistencies; creating presentations; finalizing monthly reports; presenting to/fielding question from the board about financial report
- Coordinates meetings by communicating with staff/department; maintaining a schedule/agenda; providing requested information; setting goals/priorities/feedback for meeting
- Coordinates with various departments to properly assess, bill and collect system development charges and related connection fees in accordance with governing resolutions and policies.
- Manage the cash receipts process and daily reconciliation of electronic payments processed through a third-party payment provider.
- Analyzes rate, large user and new acquisitions by gathering all relevant information; creating models; interacting with executive management and rate consultants; creating/presenting final analysis; providing support to management if necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Class E Driver's License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and bend, kneel, squat, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Environmental factors include indoor, flat surface, noise, sitting with occasionally walking and standing.