Job Title: Construction Engineering Supervisor
Closing Date/Time: MONDAY 11/29/21 11:59 PM PST
Salary: $96,824.00 - $160,763.00 Annually
Job Type: Regular
Location: 1900 N Interstate Ave, OR
Bureau: Portland Water Bureau
The Portland Water Bureau is seeking a Construction Engineering Supervisor.
The Engineering Supervisor will manage a team constructing large and small capital projects and help shape the role of the Engineering Services Group in delivering high quality, efficient, and critical projects for PWB customers. The Engineering Supervisor will work closely with the Construction Management and Inspection Engineering Manager to lead and supervise a staff of Construction Managers, Engineers and Engineering Technicians. This position is responsible for collaborating with the public, staff, operations, the PWB maintenance and construction group, consultants, construction contractors, other City bureaus, and regulatory agencies to construct pipeline, treatment, reservoir, pumping station, and other facility projects with a total value of several hundred million dollars.
What you'll get to do:
Do you have a strong technical background with a demonstrated commitment to safety?
- This job works directly with the Engineering Manager – Construction to manage construction of complicated infrastructure projects and prioritize public and construction team safety in every decision.
- You will be directly responsible for reviewing design documents for constructability and safety.
- You will use your experience providing engineering services during construction to collaborate with stakeholders throughout the bureau to assure that construction packages meet technical and quality standards and to resolve issues during construction.
- You will coordinate with bureau and contractor safety management staff to proactively improve work site safety.
Do you enjoy collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders and have a customer service perspective?
- You will support the Engineering Services Group deliver projects meeting our customers’ needs. This includes strong collaboration and partnership with other sections within the Engineering Services Group, as well as Operations, Resource Protection and Customer Service.
- You will develop and support strong relationships with Program Owners across the bureau to understand program goals and needs, as well as to jointly confirm project priorities and share the status of current projects. You will use this information to develop and maintain projections of resources needed, including staff and funding.
- You will continue to develop strong relationships with your counterparts at other City Bureaus, such as Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT} and Bureau of Environmental Services (BES), as well as with external agencies such as ODOT. You will represent the bureau in interagency projects and will need to be a strong, but fair negotiator, keeping in mind long-term partnerships.
- You will monitor the status of construction projects and regularly report their status to the Engineering Manager - Construction.
For more information or to apply for the job, please visit our website: