Performs a variety of semi-skilled, skilled, mechanical, and technical work regarding the preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting & repairof all types of mechanical equipment related to the operation of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility and Pump Lift Stations.
Compensation: $32.67 to $36.46 Hourly
- Performs maintenance services, installation or repairs in one more skill areas such as plumbing, machine servicing, basic electrical repairs, installation, painting or vehicle servicing.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments on machines and related equipment including pumps, engines, generators, valves (pneumatic & hydraulic), gates, and blowers.
- Learns to inspect and becomes proficient at mechanical troubleshooting to determine repairs needed.
- High school or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must have industrial maintenance/mechanical background.
- Six months to two years’ experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of wastewater treatment.
- Must have ability to safely operate motorized vehicles, drill press, bench press, grinder, band saw, digital and computerized diagnostic instruments, hydraulic jacks and lifts, air tools, wrenches, drivers, air compressor, lubricants, greases, coolants and related fluid, cleaning equipment, portable radios, telephones, computers, copiers, printers and other equipment and devices related to Maintenance Service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call and after hours emergency call-outs.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.