The incumbent in this position is a part of the Water Quality Team and maintains databases, manages records, and tracks compliance. The Analyst is also responsible for preparing reports from databases to support the daily activities and long term goals of the department.
- Performs tasks to implement, maintain and comply with all water quality and environmental regulations and programs within the district.
- Assists in the preparation of reports for compliance purposes that may include but not be limited to: State Water Resources Control Board - Division of Drinking Water (DDW) Annual Report, Consumer Confidence Report, Public Health Goal Report, NPDES report, etc.
- Researches technical documents and assists in conducting water quality studies to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Maintains water quality and environmental databases, including CC&B and SAMS.
- Maintains water quality monitoring schedules and tracks samples and laboratory reports. Tracks environmental compliance records.
- Conducts data analysis, summarizes data with tables and graphs, and prepares reports and/or presentations as directed by the Water Quality Engineer or Water Quality Manager.
- Coordinates document management of records, reports, and regulatory correspondence.
- Maintains Cross-Connection Control Program. This may include maintaining administration functions and/or functions as performed by a Cross Connection Control Specialist (conducting surveys and making decisions related to backflow protection requirements). May be required to obtain Cross Connection Control Specialist certification.
- Uses hydraulic modeling to develop flushing plans.
- Coordinates meetings, agendas, action items and project schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
Skill #1: Organization
- Maintains organized compliance records and tracking system.
- Initiates corrective action for procedural, product, or process deficiencies.
- Manages database and prepare procedures and protocol for database entry.
Skill #2: Analytical and attentive to details
- Able to analyze data, make observations, and draw preliminary conclusions.
- Able to perform QA/QC on database and make necessary corrections.
Skill #3: Communication
- Able to conduct data analysis, summarize data with tables and graphs, and prepare reports and/or presentations
- Able to utilize personal computer systems, hardware and software, in the performance of work assignments, such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases, statistical analysis, Internet research, and e-mail functions.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental sciences, chemistry, biology, or related discipline strongly preferred
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in three or more of the following areas: water quality, environmental regulations, compliance tracking, database management, data analysis, cross connection control, hydraulic modeling, and reporting writing
- A Bachelor’s Degree can substitute for the required experience
- Familiarity with local, state, federal environmental regulations or safety practices preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Qualities / Core Competencies:
- Familiar with database management and able to perform data query
- Good organizational skills
- Attentive to details
- A team player
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions. Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.ASWATER.COM AND CLICK ON CAREERS. APPLY FOR JOB POSTING 90.18