This position is responsible for safe and compliant operation, maintenance, and minor repairs of a variety of equipment in a wastewater treatment plant and related facilities; related work as required. Operate and maintain the Wastewater Treatment Plant and assure plant processes are compliant with local, state, and federal discharge limits and land application regulations; protect the health and safety of personnel, the public and the environment.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
- Monitor and operate wastewater treatment plant and pump stations in compliance with the treatment plant process control strategy; coordinate and monitor plant and pump station operations; plans, schedules, and works with other operators and maintenance mechanics.
- Ensure plant is meeting standards outlined in its’ DEQ permit by following proper sampling and chain of custody procedures.
- Perform lab duties that support process decisions in addition to providing permit related data; may coordinate with contracted lab services.
- Use computers and other technology to monitor, change, or adjust processes and equipment.
- Assist with the development of operational strategies to meet permit requirements; follow and assists with the developing of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Process and facilitate re-use of biosolids; facilitate disposal of treatment plant solid waste.
- Respond to and directs personnel during emergency situations.
- Review and remain current on State and Federal regulations governing wastewater treatment, biosolids application and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain buildings and facilities; may perform light equipment maintenance and assist in major maintenance or repair.
- Respond outside of scheduled shift as required by the District’s “on call” program.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Experience and Training:
An associate degree specializing in Wastewater Treatment and one (1) year of experience in wastewater plant operations; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Special Qualifications Required: (Licensure or Certification)
- Possession of a Wastewater Treatment I-IV certification.
- Possession of a valid Oregon Driver’s license.