$99,936.00 - $137,760.00
Mesa Water District (Mesa Water®) is excited to announce that it is now accepting applications for a Water Operations Supervisor located in the Water Operations Department. This position supervises, assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for field customer service and water meter reading operations, as well as construction inspection and Distribution maintenance activities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills with experience in Field Customer Service, Meter Programs, Distribution, and/or Construction Inspection activities. Experience in distribution system maintenance and repair or water production activities is desirable.
This recruitment will be open on a continuous basis until the vacancy is filled. The first deadline for the initial review of applications will occur Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
About Our District
Mesa Water provides water service to 110,000 customers in an 18-square mile area covering the City of Costa Mesa, parts of Newport Beach, unincorporated sections of Orange County and the John Wayne Airport. Mesa Water has 100 percent local water reliability, meaning we are able to serve all of our customers' water needs with local water supplies. Every year, approximately 5.5 billion gallons of water is produced and serviced to our customers. Additionally, Mesa Water is an AAA-rated special district that is rated as Orange County's most efficient water agency. For more information, please visit our website, Mesawater.org.
Under general direction, supervises, assigns, reviews, and may participate in the work of staff responsible for performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work involved in operation, maintenance, installation and repair of the District's water distribution infrastructure, water production facilities, field customer service and water meter reading operations, and in maintaining and repairing related mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment and systems; oversees the operation, treatment, maintenance and repair of wells, reservoirs, treatment plant and import stations; supervises and oversees construction inspection and fleet management activities; supervises and ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures; and may perform the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
This is a first-line supervisory level in the District. The incumbent requires supervisory skills and specialized knowledge regarding water distribution system construction and maintenance, advanced knowledge of water utility billing and plumbing systems, turning water services on and off, and specialized knowledge of water systems and conservation practices, and/or water production systems maintenance and operations. Work requires creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives. Provides oversight of construction inspections and fleet management. Judgment is required both in interpreting established policies, goals, and objectives, and in applying concepts, plans, and strategies that may deviate from traditional methods and practices.
MINIMUM & DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by college level course work in water science or related field. An Associate's degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Six years of experience in the operation, maintenance, installation, and repair of water distribution infrastructure, water production equipment and systems, and water utility field customer service and meter reading experience, including one year of lead supervisory experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within one year of appointment, a Grade 5 Water Distribution Certificate issued by the Division of Drinking Water.
- Grade 2 Water Treatment Certificate issued by the Division of Drinking Water.
- Valid Class A driver's license with air brake endorsement and satisfactory driving record.
Other: Must reside within 25 miles of the nearest boundary to Mesa Water District in order to respond to emergencies (Note: The position may need to respond to those on standby duty.)
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for a variety of field customer service and water meter reading duties, meter replacements, and maintenance tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, reviews, and participates in the work of staff responsible for the construction, maintenance, inspection, operation, and repair of the District's water distribution system, facilities maintenance, repair of the District's water production facilities and associated electrical systems, electronic equipment, and other supporting systems.
- Oversees the operation, treatment, maintenance, and repair of wells, reservoirs, treatment plants, and import stations to ensure facilities provide safe, reliable water supplies at the proper pressures and capacities; directs water system treatment operations based on lab test results, demands and other factors.
- Establishes schedules and methods for providing assigned services; identifies resource needs, estimates job costs, materials, equipment, and staffing needed for specific projects; allocates resources accordingly including assignment and scheduling of personnel, materials, and equipment for daily work projects.
- Ensures appropriate permits and Underground Service Alert (U.S.A.) notifications have been obtained before start of projects; assists with planning and coordinating projects with the general public, other department personnel, contractors, and other agencies; attends utility coordination meetings with City representatives to review upcoming City projects.
- Reviews work of assigned employees for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards, policies, standard operating procedures, work plans, and specifications; ensures adherence to safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates in the selection of water distribution, water production, field customer service, and facility maintenance staff; provides or coordinates staff training; evaluates and motivates assigned personnel; works with employees to correct deficiencies; recommends and implements discipline procedures.
- Participates in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participates in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitors work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of the assigned budget; submits budget recommendations; monitors expenditures.
- Oversees and participates in the design and implementation of the assigned programs and plans including District's unidirectional flushing program, annual hydrant, valve, and meter maintenance program, air-vac maintenance plan, and on-going preventative maintenance program.
- Oversees the development of large meter testing routes; coordinates with District's contractor to ensure accurate tests and repairs on large meters in the system.
- Responds to obstacles in the field, water service requests, customer complaints and emergency situations as needed.
- Checks completed Underground Service Alert (U.S.A.) tickets.
- Coordinates fire flow testing with appropriate fire departments.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA standards and various discharge permits.
- Oversees and plans maintenance work through contracted companies for services, distribution, and production facilities; ensures quality of work, compliance with City specifications and conformance with department plans and programs.
- May serve as Chief Plant Operator and/or Systems Operator.
- Maintains warehouse inventory and material orders as needed; maintains warehouse parts and equipment stock levels; researches tools and equipment.
- Coordinates and responds to emergency distribution system maintenance, production facility, and repair calls.
- Receives and responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provides information within the area of assignment; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operates the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to create work orders; maintains records concerning operations and programs; reviews and prepares reports on operations and activities including logs of repair records and related project paperwork; documents and updates information for distribution system atlas and related records.
- Operates the Customer Information System (CIS) to create service orders; maintains records concerning operations and programs; reviews and prepares reports on operations and activities including logs of repair records and related project paperwork; documents and updates information for distribution system atlas and related records.
- Processes daily water read upload and downloads to billing system; works with Customer Service to resolve customer billing issues.
- Responds to public inquires in a courteous manner; provides information within area of assignment; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the field of water distribution and water production; incorporates new developments as appropriate.
- Performs project management and coordination with various departments, regulatory agencies, other government agencies, outside contractors, and the public.
- Tracks water use; participates in water system planning and supply forecasting; coordinates water use programs with other agencies.
- Implements changes to Production system; directs and supervises new installations and changes to existing treatment and production facilities as well as SCADA system.
- Coordinates and responds to emergency production and distribution system maintenance and repair calls; may serve as incident commander in hazardous material emergency situations.
- Maintains records concerning operations and programs; reviews and prepares reports on operations and activities including water production, water treatment reports, and/or field customer service and meter reading operations; submits reports to outside agencies for evaluation and compliance.
- Performs related duties as required.