|The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of public outreach and involvement, including marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience applying the federal, state and local laws, codes, standards, engineering and construction concepts and practices applicable to the area of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze assigned program, administrative and operational issues, evaluate alternatives and reach sound, logical, fact-based conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to interact effectively, engage in problem solving and team building, and partner with citizens, community groups, developers and construction supervisors.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals, including policy makers.
Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland is committed to offering medical, dental, vision, basic life, and long-term disability coverage that provides quality care, support and value to eligible employees and their family members. Additional benefits such as flexible spending accounts, supplemental life insurance and employee assistance program coverage is available to ensure employees have the appropriate tools to safeguard themselves and their family.