Are you looking for an impactful position to help shape the future of water? Join the Government Affairs team at the American Water Works Association! Our staff arrive every morning knowing that their work assists communities to protect their water supplies, provide safe and affordable water services, and pursue innovative solutions.
The strength of AWWA is the breadth and depth of members technical expertise. Your job as our Regulatory Technical Manager is to deliver that knowledge to federal policymakers. You’ll also be responsible for making sure the water sector is aware of and understands changes in federal policy. Along with your colleagues, you’ll represent AWWA’s members at various events delivering accurate, science-based recommendations, fostering dialogue on technically challenging policy questions, and translating science to lay audiences.
Position requires up to 30% travel.
- Master’s degree in engineering, chemistry, biology, or environmental science or related field required; PE license or PhD preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in drinking water, wastewater, or a related environmental field required demonstrating technical, scientific, or engineering experience.
- Experience with regulatory development or compliance
- Knowledge of water utility operations
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
AWWA’s Washington DC office is conveniently located just one block from the McPherson Square Metro station. Compensation dependent upon qualifications. AWWA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes 6% 403(b) employer contribution and 3% match upon hire, health insurance, plus much more!
Submission deadline is January 25, 2019 OR until filled