Collector/Meter Reader (WA)
Washington Water Service
The Meter Reader\Collector position reports directly to the Customer Service Manager and is responsible for Meter Reading and Collections in multiple counties throughout Washington State. This position is located in Gig Harbor, WA.
- Reads customer and wellhead volume meters accurately according to assigned schedules with the use of a hand-held electronic device, noting any and all questionable readings and concerns
- Meter re-reads when necessary
- Performs turn-off and turn-on procedures for non-payment and returned checks in connection with collection procedures
- Collects monies and provides customers with receipts in the field
- Communicates with customers on-site regarding questions about their meter readings or water consumption
- Inspects water services and plumbing systems in the field as directed or if indicated by situation on-site. Report tampering with water meters, unmetered water services, potential cross connections, and other infractions of water usage directly to the Customer Service Manager
- Installs, repairs and replaces meters, electronic radio transmitters, meter boxes, and lids
- Responsible for hanging hand deliver notices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate and/or equivalent relevant water industry or field operations experience
- Must obtain Cross Connection Specialist certification within 2 years of employment
- Must obtain First Aid Card within 2 year of employment
- One year experience working in a position performing meter reading or technical maintenance related tasks
- Ability to complete meter-reading assignments according to schedule with the use of a hand-held device - quickly and accurately
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with customers
- Ability to sustain a walking pace sufficient to read a pre-assigned number of meters daily
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to recognize and report abnormalities found at meter locations
- Knowledge and ability to read maps and blue prints
- Must be a Team Player and a self-starter who can work in group situations as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Strong mathematical, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Washington State Driver's License
Salary Range: $41,600 - $68,700
Deadline to submit resume is Friday, October 6, 2023.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4628668
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.