Primary Accountability - Responsible for managing and directing the strategic and operational objectives for the wastewater operations at Schofield Barracks in Wahiawa, Hawaii.
Description of Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and directing the water and/or wastewater operations department:
Participates in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan:
- Supports the federal contracts policies established by Aqua Engineers, Inc.,
- Works with the operations department leaders to plan, organize, and achieve the operations department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee operations department to ensure profitability and client needs are met and exceeded.
Responsible for the execution of the water and/or wastewater operations department annual operations plan:
- Works together with the Aqua management team to develop plans and objectives to ensure long-term growth and success,
- Develops the operations department’s initiatives to contribute to achievement of the company’s strategic plan.
Provides management and supervision to operations staff:
- Reviews and analyzes monthly and quarterly accounting reports,
- Revises budget forecasts for future quarters,
- Develops and implements the operations plan,
- Prepares and monitors the departmental budgets, annual reports and work-in-progress (WIP) schedules.
Develops and maintains contracts and professional relationships with operations clients:
- Assigns duties and responsibilities and ensures employees receive instruction/training needed to complete job responsibilities,
- Ensures that employees are aware of and adhere to all company policies and procedures, and conveys all senior management communications and directives,
- Reviews work for thoroughness and accuracy and provides specific instructions to employees on completion of tasks/responsibilities,
- Monitors performance as appropriate, providing mentoring/guidance to assist in employee development,
- Conducts performance appraisals, completing performance appraisal documentation and meeting with employees to provide feedback; creates and follows through with employee development plans,
- Determines the most effective method for assigning responsibilities and duties to employees in the department; maintains job descriptions, procedures and other documentation related to organization of job,
- Develops and maintains staffing plans to ensure employees are able to use PTO and OT is within the annual operating plan budget,
- Ensures that division staff is trained, experienced, and licensed to be able to provide DRC for all facilities to minimize reliance on Operations Manager’s license.
- Works primarily with supervisors in designing client contracts,
- Serves as the client liaison for designing O&M contracts,
- Manages contract operations.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Possesses a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Wastewater Treatment Course Book 1 or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade IV WWTP License for at least 15 years.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Water Treatment Plant Operation Book 1 or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade II WTP License for at least 15 years.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Water Distribution System Operation and Maintenance or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade IV Distribution License for at least 15 years.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Collection Systems Book 1 or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade IV WWTP License for at least 15 years.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Wastewater Treatment Course Book 2 or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade IV WWTP License for at least 15 years.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Water Treatment Plant Operation Book 2 or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade II WTP License for at least 15 years.
- Successfully completes Ken Kerri Operation and Maintenance of Wastewater Collection Systems Book 2 or possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade IV WWTP License for at least 15 years.
- Possesses a valid State of Hawaii Grade IV WWTP License or Grade II WTP License.
Description of Primary Attributes
- Is able to provide leadership and motivation to others.
- Is able to reprioritize work in response to changes in circumstances.
- Possesses significant organizational skills, in order to manage and direct the significant segments of the organization.
- Is able to devise effective solutions to situations encountered based on the general goals and objectives of the function.
- Is able to incorporate departmental/functional processes into the overall functioning of the organization.
Professional & Technical Knowledge:
- Possesses advanced level general skills, including written and verbal communications skills, computational and computer skills, and mathematical knowledge frequently acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Possesses extensive formal training in business management, including an understanding of the application of the theory and practices of the profession to the operations of the organization, usually in the form of a major in business, engineering or construction as part of a bachelor’s or master’s degree program (or other applicable extended training program).
- Has the ability to explain complex technical concepts in coherent and accessible presentations.
- Has the ability to develop presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Has the ability to create complex documents in Microsoft Word.
- Has the ability to use advanced functions of Microsoft Excel, such as to create and manage databases, including creating standardized reports, or link multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- Proficient in use of FieldAware.
- Proficient in use of Operator 10.
- Proficient in use of Antero.
- Effectively communicates opinions and extrapolations of information collected and synthesized/analyzed.
- Resolves conflicts that may arise because of disagreements between employees, between employees and customers/clients, or with the public, other legal entities or governmental authorities.
- Determines the appropriate methods of communicating information through the use of tables, graphs, charts and other visual forms.
- Prepares and executes presentations to large groups.
Physical Demands – Job duties are performed under typical office conditions.