Human Resources Business Partner
California Water Service
California Water Service
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for administering all human resources functions including benefits, compensation, employee relations, recruitment, and training for the districts and departments in an assigned geography; partners with other functional HR groups to complete special projects such as compliance audits, diversity recruitment, and employee development programs. The location of this position is contingent upon the assignment. This position is located in San Jose, CA.
- Administers all Human Resources programs, policies, and procedures in an assigned geography
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition to develop and implement the staffing plan
- Recruits, screens, participates in interviewing, and on-boards new employees
- Advises managers and employees on compliance matters such as equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, sexual harassment, and discrimination
- Consults with management regarding the consistent and appropriate application of Company policies and procedures
- Administers benefits programs including open enrollment, mid-term enrollments, leaves, and workers' compensation
- Provides training to managers for the annual performance management process
- Coaches managers regarding compensation planning, talent development, and succession planning
- Investigates and resolves employee relations issues for both bargaining and non-bargaining unit employees
- Counsels employees regarding career paths and promotional opportunities within the Company
- Coordinates training and development programs
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, fairness, and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Performs other similar duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, or related field and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Five years of experience working as a Human Resources Representative, Business Partner, or Manager in the public sector
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Must be professional, discrete, and able to handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid California Driver License
Salary Range $96,500 - $179,200
Deadline to submit resume is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4506413
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.