Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is Carrboro-Chapel Hill’s not-for-profit public service agency delivering high-quality water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services. OWASA is a leader in the utility industry; the Jones Ferry Road Water Treatment Plant is a recipient of the Partnership for Safe Water’s Excellence in Water Treatment Award for the past eleven years. Our team seeks an energetic and enthusiastic Laboratory Analyst to join the water treatment plant laboratory staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure water produced at the water treatment facility is safe to drink and meets all regulatory requirements
- Perform various quality control procedures on all analytical parameters to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the results produced
- Calibrate and maintain analytical equipment
- Collect regulatory samples within the system
- Maintain compliance with local, state, and federal regulations including preparing and submitting a variety of regulatory reports, remaining abreast of all current and pending laws and regulations
- Maintain good relationships with community neighbors and customers, provide excellent customer service
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Interpersonal skills are a must as is the ability and willingness to assist the team to fulfill the mission and goals of the organization while ensuring safe work practices are followed.
Candidates should have one to three years’ laboratory experience with an associate degree or equivalent in a related field of study. Position requires a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina. Successful candidate must meet and maintain requirements for a safety sensitive position (bi-annual physicals, etc.) and must frequently exert 10-25 pounds and occasionally 20-50 pounds.
OWASA provides excellent benefits to include membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System, employer 457 plan contribution and retirement health savings account.? Paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances.? Additional benefits include:? Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, Bereavement and Parental Leave, Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education.
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions. Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
To complete an application visit www.owasa.org; Closing date is October 4, 2022.
Salary Range: $47,228 - $72,731