Salary: $1,272.80 - $2,228.00 Biweekly
This is skilled work requiring advanced knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of the Bay County wastewater system, to include the Military Point Regional Advanced Wastewater Treatment Facility (MPRAWTF), North Bay Wastewater Treatment Plant, RiverCamps Wastewater Treatment Plant, Contracted and County owned lift stations, gravity sewer lines, and other equipment as required. Employee works closely with the other Collection Technicians and the operations staff and uses independent judgment in performing maintenance and repairs on equipment. Work is performed under the general direction of and is reviewed and evaluated by the Wastewater Collection Technician Foreman
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and advanced maintenance tasks associated with the County's wastewater system, including lift stations, lines, and related facilities.
- Performs routine and advanced maintenance tasks associated with the County's obligations to contract operation of the client's wastewater system, including lift stations, lines, and related facilities.
- Monitors the operation of and performs the necessary maintenance on motors, pumps, floats, electrical and all related lift station equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on all equipment as per the manufacturer's recommendations and specifications.
- Maintains clear and concise records of work performed.
- Checks electrical equipment and systems for defects and/or malfunctions and performs necessary repairs.
- Demonstrates appropriate safety precautions and procedures for all tasks initiated.
- Transports, hooks-up and operates mobile generators during power outages
- Requires a full time presence on the job.
Non-Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited high school, or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma preferably supplemented by courses in mechanical and/or electrical maintenance and repair.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with pumps, motors, mechanical and electrical equipment in an industrial or construction setting.
- A comparable amount of training and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications except for the possession of a valid Florida Driver's License and the required certification.
- Ability to use special types of equipment.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and read the English language.
- Must have and maintain good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the public.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Possession of a valid Florida Class A Commercial Drivers License with driving record acceptable to the County Driving Policy and insurance program, or ability to obtain within time limits established by the State of Florida.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the function and mechanics of chemical feed systems, pumps, motors and controls used in a wastewater system.
- Knowledge of and ability to use all hand and power tools normally associated with maintenance of pumps, motors, valves, pipelines, and other equipment associated with wastewater treatment system.
- Ability to monitor the operation of electrical and mechanical equipment to detect flaws and/or defects and repair same.
- Ability to take accurate measurements and readings, keep accurate records, and make routine mathematical computations.
- Ability to read and understand technical information related to the job and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to climb ladders, work below ground level and/or in confined spaces and lift heavy objects.
Work requires moderate to extreme exposure to one or more disagreeable conditions (i.e., irate customers, inclement weather, excessive noise, extreme temperatures, odors or dust).
This position requires moderate exposure or risk to physical health and/or physical safety (e.g. exposure to environmentally hazardous material, heavy equipment) This position often requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and may include completing and successfully passing medical evaluations or clearances.
Essential Physical Activities:
Bending/stooping, sitting, standing, crouching, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, seeing up close, seeing far away, kneeling, reaching, pushing/pulling, talking, standing, climbing, finger movement of firm grasping and fine manipulation, repetitive motions, depth perception, balancing, squatting, working at heights . This position may require lifting up to 100 lbs and carrying up to 100 lbs.