Operates and maintains wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum CA Grade 1 Wastewater Certification.
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Typically holds or is working toward a first level treatment certificate. (Requires minimum water/wastewater license as required by regulatory agencies at site).
- Six months to two years’ experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to serve emergency on-call if required by site.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Education Level A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate