APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.TOAKS.ORG/JOBS.
Great opportunity to join the City of Thousand Oaks Public Works department!
The City of Thousand Oaks is seeking an experienced, safety-conscious, and enthusiastic Utilities Equipment Operator to join the City’s water division. The Utilities Equipment Operator will provide guidance to team members and manage a variety of water and wastewater utility projects.
- Transports and operates a variety of light, medium, and heavy-duty equipment (backhoe, roller, loaders, dump trucks, and other heavy equipment)
- Monitors, inspects, and maintains safe working conditions of equipment; performs minor repairs as needed
- Operates a backhoe for excavating utility trenches, placing pipe and backfilling
- Supervises and leads a crew in construction operations or maintenance repair projects
Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Experience in a lead capacity providing oversight of construction and maintenance crew
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; initiative and sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail, safety practices and procedures
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in the operation of light, medium, and heavy-duty construction equipment
- Possession of, and ability to maintain State Water Resources Control Board Distribution Operator Grade D2 certificate
- A valid Class A California’s driver’s license with tanker endorsement
Position requires working a 4/10 schedule
Monday – Thursday
6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Effective Communicator
- Strategic Thinker
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Technically Knowledgeable
View Job Announcement and apply online.
FILING DEADLINE: Wednesday, January 8, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
Additional information about the City is available on our website at www.toaks.org.
For additional information or questions, please contact Human Resources at (805) 449-2144.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.